Ladies and gentlemen,
With the aim of limiting the risk of infection and adjusting the sightseeing regulations to the generally applicable law regulations in the time of SARS-CoV-2 epidemic, we introduce specific sightseeing regulations:
1) obligation to cover the mouth and nose;
2) obligation to keep the distance at least 2 metres from each other;
3) minors under 13 years of age cannot move around without adults;
4) in the interiors of individual objects there can be only one sightseeing person, excluding eligible persons [see: The Regulations stating the specific rules of visiting the Museum of the Masovian Countryside in Sierpc – the open-air museum];
5) before entering each object in which the exhibition is available, each person is obligated to use a hand sanitizer which is provided by the Museum;
6) visitors are obligated to strict adhering to graphic and textual instructions, prohibitions and commands located within the open-air museum’s premises, including: information about direction of movement, enters and exits, keeping the distance, prohibition of touching exhibits and surfaces.
The museum exhibitions are made available, excluding the Sculpture gallery and the cottage from Drwały village. Until further notice, the possibility of visiting the open-air museum in organised groups is excluded as well as providing the following services is deferred: sightseeing with a guide and an audioguide, organising performances, presentations, demonstrations of farm activities, handicraft, educational services, organising open-air events, horse rides, or horse-drawn cart rides.
We recommend to sightsee the museum exhibitions with a “Guidebook” publication which can be a nice souvenir from staying in the Museum, and also, if it is possible, to use electronic forms of payment or online.
The Town Hall and the Museum of the Small Town in Bieżuń – the branch of the Museum of the Masovian Countryside in Sierpc are still closed until further notice.
The regulations stating the specific rules of sightseeing of
the Museum of the Masovian Countryside in Sierpc – the open-air museum
in time of epidemic can be found here
Thank you for your consideration and wish you a pleasant visit.
Conditions of using guides’ services for individuals in autumn/winter season:
- the sightseeing of the exhibition is possible only with a guide
- the sightseeing lasts about 90 minutes.
If you plan a visit in the Museum of the Masovian Countryside please take account of amount of time necessary to see all the facilities. The Museum covers the area of 50 hectares.
November – March – the rules of providing services relevant to guidance:
From Tuesday to Sunday:
- a guide for individuals – starting at regular hours: 10.30 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 12.30 a.m., 1.30 p.m. – 1zł/per person
- a guide for a group up to 14 people – in Polish – 70zł/per group; in foreign language – 80zł/per group
- a guide for a group over 15 people – in Polish – 5zł/per person; in foreign language – 6zł/per person
- a guide available after the Museum’s opening hours [the service needs booking few days in advance] – in Polish – 15zł/per person; in foreign language – 17zł/per person
From 1 February, we recommend buying VOUCHERS for entry the open-air museum. Vouchers in a price of normal and concessionary tickets do not have a date limit. They can be used within a year, when they were bought, but not later than on 30 December. The voucher owner, on the day of arrival to the museum, has to exchange it to a valid entry ticket, because only with the ticket it is possible to enter the museum exhibition. Voucher can be used on weekdays, Sundays, or holidays within the museum’s opening hours.
Within a period from January to April and from October to December sightseeing of the interiors is possible only with a museum’s guide, who guides visitors in scheduled hours for an additional charge. Whereas, from April to the end of September all of the facilities are open to the public. It is possible to sightsee them without a guide, with an audioguide for an additional charge, a museum’s guide, or a guide book.
Vouchers are a great idea for gifts for a family, awards in competitions organised by companies and schools, or nice souvenirs for employees.
THE OPEN-AIR MUESUM, Narutowicza Street 64, Sierpc
Voucher ticket – normal
Voucher ticket – concessionary